Pentagon denies trying to underplay injuries from Iran attack

first_imgWASHINGTON – The Pentagon said onFriday there had been no effort to play down or delay the release ofinformation on concussive injuries from Iran’s Jan. 8 attack on a base hostingUnited States (US) forces in Iraq. United States soldiers are seen at the site where an Iranian missile hit at Ain al-Asad air base in Anbar province, Iraq. REUTERS/JOHN DAVISON US President Donald Trump, DefenseSecretary Mark Esper and others throughout the US government said Iran’s attackon bases in Iraq, in retaliation for the killing of an Iranian general, had notkilled or injured any US service members.center_img That is no longer true, the Pentagonnow acknowledges. But US military leadership in Washington only became aware onThursday that 11 US service members were flown out of Iraq due to concussivesymptoms, Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said.(Reuters)last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *