Fear motivating me to succeed at Real Madrid – Rodrygo

first_imgReal Madrid’s €54 million (£48m/$60m) summer signing Rodrygo says that “fear is motivating him” to succeed at Santiago Bernabeu. The Brazilian forward signed for the La Liga giants on a six-year contract last summer, before spending a final season at Santos.The 18-year-old rose through the youth ranks at the Urbano Caldeira Stadium before graduating to the first team in 2017. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Rodrygo quickly became an important member of the Santos squad, racking up 83 appearances across all competitions while also contributing 17 goals and earning a spot in Brazil’s U-20 set-up.The teenager bid a final farewell to Santos fans and staff after the team’s 1-0 win over Corinthians on Wednesday night and he is now looking forward to a new challenge.Rodrygo has confessed that it scares him to be joining “one of the world’s biggest clubs”, but he is determined to make his mark in Madrid.”Of course it motivates me to be at one of the biggest clubs in the world,” he told Santos FC TV. “That can also scare you but that fear is good because it motivates you even more. I want to prove why this club believed in me and signed me.”The young attacker is following in the footsteps of fellow countrymen Neymar and Robinho, both of whom began their careers with Santos before moving to Spain.The former spent five years at Barcelona before completing a world record switch to Paris Saint Germain in 2017, while the latter starred for Madrid between 2005 and 2008.Rodrygo insists he does not feel any pressure to reach the same heights as the Brazilian duo, but he is sad to be leaving Santos after an eight-year association with the club.”I have mixed feelings as I’m leaving the place where I’ve been since I was 10 but at the same time, I feel good because I leave knowing I’ve done a good job here,” he said. “Who knows, perhaps one day I will return. I always had the pressure to be the successor of players like Neymar and Robinho but I never worried about that.”I just focused on training and being ready.”Real Madrid have welcomed five new players in total already this summer, with Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic, Eder Militao and Ferland Mendy joining Rodrygo at the Bernabeu.last_img read more

Disneys new video streaming service is coming to Canada in November for

Walt Disney Co. said on Monday it will launch its Disney+ video streaming service in Canada and the Netherlands on Nov. 12, the same date as its previously announced United States launch.Disney+ will also launch in Australia and New Zealand a week later, the company said in a statement, adding that the service will be priced at $8.99 a month in Canada.Disney’s new service will exclusively stream its latest movies including “Avengers: Endgame,” “Aladdin” and “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,” the company said. The service will also draw upon Disney’s library of its existing films. Canadian households with streaming TV to eclipse traditional cable, satellite next year: report Latest Netflix price increase costs it plenty of customers just as it faces competitive future The end of genres? How Netflix is refining its recommendations The owner of ESPN and theme parks had announced earlier this month that it would offer a bundle of its three streaming services, Disney+, sports service ESPN+, and Hulu, at a discounted price of US$13 per month. That price is the same as Netflix Inc.’s most popular plan, which allows streaming on two devices simultaneously.Video streaming competition is set to intensify, with Apple Inc., WarnerMedia’s HBO Max and Comcast Corp’s NBCUniversal planning to roll out new services. U.S. customers are increasingly cutting the cord on cable TV, but now must decide how much they want to pay for digital offerings.Disney+ will be available on most major mobile and connected TV devices platforms, including Apple, Google, Microsoft, Roku and Sony, the company said.Following the launch, the company expects to take the ad-free streaming service to major global markets within two years.© Thomson Reuters 2019 read more