Leader of the main opposition St. Lucia Labor Party (SLP), Philip J. Pierre, has asserted that this country must take a position on marijuana, declaring that it is an issue that can no longer be dodged.Pierre recalled that the 2016 election manifesto the SLP declared that the party would have a commission to discuss marijuana.He noted that the then prime minister, Dr. Kenny Anthony, said the island would go the way of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) on the issue.“Now that horse has bolted – CARICOM has gone their own way,” the SLP leader explained.He observed that Grenada, Antigua and Trinidad and Tobago have all gone their different ways.“St Lucia must take a position,” Pierre told reporters.The Castries East MP expressed the view that for a start, the criminal record should be cleared of the names of people who have been convicted for small quantities of marijuana.Pierre said the marijuana issue should be considered not only from the point of view of smoking the herb, but from an economic standpoint as well.
Jamaica dominated the junior division among the boys when the International Sports Karate Association (ISKA) Amateur Members Association World Championships kicked off at the Montego Bay Convention Centre.Competing in the 13-17 boys, +71 kg, points sparring category, Ryan Robinson beat his St George’s College teammate Duncan Smith to take gold, with Malike Murray claiming bronze for Jamaica.The hosts also swept the top three spots in both musical and traditional forms, boys 7-12 categories. Rising Sun Karate students dominated both divisions through gold medal winners Alessandro Doshi and Lee-Michael Henry, respectively.Jamaica has so far tallied 66 medals, comprising 15 gold, 22 silver and 29 bronze.With the adult divisions that started on Thursday, Jamaican stars such as former ISKA champions, Olympian Kenneth Edwards, Nicholas Dussard and Richard Stone, as well as defending champions from last year’s Amateur World Championships held in Greece, female fighters Sheckema Cunningham and Akino Lindsay were expected to be in action.
Broward County Commissioner, Dale Holness Commissioner Dale V.C. HolnessBroward County Commissioner District 9 I’m sure you share our grief over the losses suffered by our neighbors in Northern Florida. Many communities have suffered catastrophic losses, Including homes, businesses and their sense of security. At times like this, we all need to pull together to help those who have been most directly impacted. To assist you in getting aid to our in-State neighbors we are offering our offices to accept donations that will be transported to those in need. The items that would be most useful include; water, canned food, diapers, personal hygiene items and pet food. Donations can be brought to the local Andrew Gillum for Governor field office at: 4325 West Sunrise Blvd, Plantation Fl. 33313. For more information: 954-379-8683 Thank you for whatever you can do to help
The SFSP provides meals and snacks to eligible children age 18 and under during the summer months (June through August) and in times of emergency. Meals and snacks are also available to persons with disabilities, over age 18, who participate in school programs for people who are mentally or physically disabled. The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) administered by Palm Beach County Youth Services is increasing the number food distribution locations. Beginning Monday, June 15, 13 more sites will be operating throughout Palm Beach County. The full list of food distribution sites may be viewed here. Youth Services administers and monitors this program, funded by USDA and the Department of Education. Sites are located throughout Palm Beach County in low-income neighborhoods.
Submit Betway and Dafabet grow La Liga sponsorship portfolios August 14, 2020 Related Articles StumbleUpon Share ESI Digital – No Drama Please… Esports growth should be treated as business as usual August 20, 2020 SBC Magazine Issue 10: Kaizen Gaming rebrand and focus for William Hill CEO August 25, 2020 Share Novak Djokovic’s surprise five-set defeat to Denis Istomin in the second round of the Australian Open has opened the door for Andy Murray to claim a first title in Melbourne.The five-time beaten finalist and world number one is now odds on with the bookmakers to lift the trophy in the Rod Laver Arena on 29 January.However, it is not only Murray that has profited from the Serb’s earliest Australian Open exit since 2006. We caught up with William Hill’s Rupert Adams, Ladbrokes’ Richard Marsh and Betway’s Alan Alger to get their take on the outright tournament market, and find out which players have been shortened the most in light of his defeat.Rupert Adams, Media Relations Manager for William Hill, said: “What was a two-horse race now looks like a one-horse race, with Andy in to 4/5 from 11/8. That said, there is a chance we will see money for Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal in the next couple of days, so we could be in for cracking betting heat.”Richard Marsh of Ladbrokes News confirmed that over £3,500 was staked on Murray within three hours of Djokovic’s exit, with Milos Raonic dropping from 16/1 to 6/1, Rafael Nadal from 16/1 to 10/1 and Stanislas Wawrinka to 8/1 from 20/1 earlier in the week.Marsh added: “Nobody foresaw Djokovic’s defeat this morning, but it’s an ace for Murray whose path to a first Australian Open title has just become a whole lot easier. Djoko’s exit has not only blown the tournament wide open, but it’s launched the betting into a frenzy too, with Murray, Raonic, Wawrinka and Nadal all being backed to the hilt.”Alan Alger, PR Manager for Betway, commented: “Novak Djokovic being knocked out of the Australian Open is one of the best results in the book so far for 2017, but Sir Andy Murray can take the shine off that. Murray is always well supported in the betting and those who punted him at pre-tournament odds of 13/8 will be sitting pretty.“The Scot is now odds-on at 5/6 and pretty much every penny gained from Djokovic’s loss looks set to be handed back out if he lands his first Aussie Open. As for those creeping into contention off the back of Djokovic’s shock exit, Rafael Nadal has been hot in the betting. We cut him from 16/1 to 12/1 on Thursday morning, but that wasn’t short enough for punters who have backed him into 10/1.“Interest in backing joint second favourites Stan Wawrinka and Milos Raonic at 13/2 has been mediocre, as it seems punters are preferring to take monster prices on the likes of Dominic Thiem (66/1 into 33/1) and Alexander Zverev (80/1 into 40/1).”
StumbleUpon Share Golden Race’s virtual sports products get Swedish certification June 18, 2020 The industry wakes up to virtual sports potential June 26, 2020 PBS launches virtual sports solution for SSBTs July 7, 2020 Related Articles Submit Share Golden Race is taking orders for its new live-rendered 3D Horse Racing product, with 3D Motor Racing to be released later this year.Based on a random number generator and using live-rendering to ensure each race is unique, the horse racing product also features a professional voice-over, while the “next level customisation” is evidenced by the placement of personalised adverts around the track.The virtual sports betting solutions provider expects the horse racing and motor racing products to replicate the success of its football equivalent, which features every major competition in the world, using real odds from in-house bookmakers.Speaking at ICE London, Golden Race CEO Martin Wachter commented: “Operators and players will be galloping towards victory in 3D with our new horse racing product. This is another completely white-label ready solution, complete with fast and data friendly customisations to accommodate for both company branding and licensing requirements under any regulatory body.”The product is also part of the company’s new ‘On Demand’ service, which takes away the wait time for an event to start. At any moment, the Remote Virtual Gaming system enables the player to skip to the race visualisation or go straight to the results page.Golden Race also confirmed that it has entered the final process for obtaining a licence in the UK and Spain, to complement its existing licences in Italy, Malta and Romania.
IBIA – MGA must adopt coherent approach on sports betting customer disputes July 21, 2020 IBIA: Australia has made no progress on safeguarding sports integrity July 28, 2020 Superbet highlights integrity commitment with IBIA membership July 9, 2020 Related Articles Share StumbleUpon Submit Publishing its quarterly report for Q3, the International Betting Integrity Association (IBIA) has noted a ‘significant downturn in alerts’ of suspicious betting activity to the relevant authorities.The IBIA has recorded 50 cases of suspicious betting during Q3, with tennis and football making up 90% of the alerts. Khalid Ali, Secretary General of the International Betting Integrity Association, stated: “The year to date has seen a significant downturn in alerts, notably on tennis. We welcome the ongoing efforts of the sport to work closely with us and to identify and impose sanctions on corrupt players. “The scope of the association’s unique and global leading monitoring system has been boosted by four new members during 2019, with discussions ongoing with a number of other companies interested in investing in integrity and protecting their businesses from corruption.”The 50 alerts reported during Q3 covered six sports, spanning five different continents. 42% of the alerts originated from Europe, while 36% were made in Asia, as both continents maintained their positions as the primary location of sporting events on which alerts were generated during that period.The number of alerts remains similar to those reported in Q2 2019, which recorded 51 alerts, however it marks a reduction of 30% on the 72 alerts in Q3 2018. The annual total to date of 138 cases represents a 25% drop on the 184 cases at the same point in 2018 and is primarily a result of the fall in tennis alerts, predominantly caused by a reduction in alerts at the ITF Tour level.During 2019 IBIA, formerly known as ESSA, has seen a number of new members join the association including Bet on Alfa, Bethard Group and Virgin Bet. Share
‘Deal maker’ Rafi Ashkenazi ends Flutter tenure August 27, 2020 Spotlight delivers Racing Post translated services for Pari-Engineering Russia August 26, 2020 Submit Flutter moves to refine merger benefits against 2020 trading realities August 27, 2020 Share Related Articles StumbleUpon Share Seeking to deliver the best Cheltenham 2020 insights and engagement for punters, next week the Betfair Exchange will broadcast ‘Racing Post Live’ across all its digital platforms.Racing Post Live is a new interactive show developed by the rebranded Spotlight Sports Group, covering all major horseracing festivals throughout the calendar year. Hosted exclusively on the Betfair platforms, the show will see Racing Post and Betfair Exchange experts offer real-time insights, tips and reactions for every day of the Cheltenham Festival (10-13 March).Gethin Evans, Spotlight Sports Group digital marketing director, described the show as a key 2020 launch to showcase Racing Post’s interactive content capacity.“We are very excited to work on this innovative video proposition in partnership with the marketing team at Betfair,” he said. “It’s a fantastic opportunity for us as digital publishers, for Betfair as a real-time exchange education platform and for the sport of horse racing to get a true digital share of voice across our group, including the Racing Post and MyRacing channels. “We have a great mix of in-house talent and external guests to provide live insight at major race days and have some fun at the same time.”Racing Post Live will run throughout the flat and jumps season, covering more than 42 live race days and producing several Betfair Exchange educational videos, a key marketing initiative for the betting exchange in 2020.Harry Phillips, Betfair head of UK&I brand marketing, backed Racing Post Live as a great tool to inform and educate customers on racing dynamics. “The opportunity to partner on a pioneering live show across the biggest horse racing festivals is something that will help build awareness and education of the Betfair Exchange product,” he said. “We are working with the Spotlight Sports Group in-house production team to produce a true made- for-platform watch along for horse racing, which we hope drives further engagement in the sport going forward.”
StumbleUpon Kansspelautoriteit enters into MoU with Malta Gaming Authority August 28, 2020 MGA report reveals 14 licences cancelled in 2019 June 23, 2020 Share The Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) has confirmed that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit (FIAU).The MoU will specifically focus on improving the sharing of information on the areas related to the supervision of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CFT), provided for by the Prevention of Money Laundering Act.Malta’s FIAU acts as the central agency responsible for the collection, collation, processing, analysis and dissemination of information in combating money laundering and related criminal activities.The MGA’s Chief Executive Officer, Heathcliff Farrugia, said: “Our relationship with the FIAU has gone from strength to strength, particularly since the introduction of EU’s 4th Anti-Money Laundering Directive. Due to the nature of our roles, we are in regular contact, also conducting joint supervision on MGA-licensed entities.“This MOU will thus continue to strengthen this collaboration, underpinning our resolve to ensure Malta’s gaming sector is kept free from crime, preventing money laundering and combating the funding of terrorism.”The provisions of the MoU will allow both parties to cooperate on training initiatives, as well as the training of persons and entities licensed by the MGA, and assessing the competency on AML/CFT of individuals holding key positions with licensed entities, particularly those appointed as Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).Kenneth Farrugia, Director of the FIAU, added: “The MGA is a strategic partner of the FIAU in ensuring that the highest levels of AML/CFT compliance are applied across the gaming sector.“The MOU will therefore further strengthen the long-standing excellent relationship and the level of collaboration between the two authorities and demonstrates our commitment and determination in increasing Malta’s effectiveness in combatting money laundering and terrorism financing.” Submit Related Articles Betby receives green light from MGA August 10, 2020 Share
Image: @lolesportsRiot Games has announced that German car manufacturing giant BMW is the Official Partner for this year’s EULCS Summer Finals.The deal, which was announced on Twitter, sees Riot partnering with one of the best selling brands in the world for Europe’s biggest annual League of Legends event. The 2017 Finals will be held in Paris, and will see long-time European top dogs G2 face off against a Misfits lineup who have surprised many by upsetting both the Unicorns of Love and Fnatic in a series of dominating performances.The much-anticipated final will take place on Saturday the 3rd of September, and will be preceded by Fnatic’s third place match against H2K. With both finalists having already qualified for the World Championships, and with Fnatic already set to take top seeding in the upcoming gauntlet for the third spot, the matches this weekend will have a focus on local pride – and the small matter of a $200,000 (£155,000) prize pool.BMW’s sponsorship of the flagship event in the EULCS calendar is not the first time we’ve seen the automotive industry invest in esports. Just last week, ESL announced a gargantuan partnership with Mercedes-Benz, which will see them sponsor tournaments ‘across several global markets’. The fellow German-based company’s Vice President of Marketing, Dr. Jens Thiemer, said that they had been keeping track of esports’ burgeoning growth for some time. “This new involvement will complement our existing sports sponsoring activities with an eye on the future,” he said, “and allow us to make contact with a very interesting, new target group.”In January this year, we also saw the car industry partner with esports on a team level, with Audi’s sponsorship of Astralis. That deal may have been worth around €700,000 (£605,000), according to Dot Esports.Esports Insider says: Non-endemic partnerships seem as common as any in the current esports climate. Brands are finally sitting up and taking notice of the elusive (and lucrative) demographic which esports opens up. That is good news for everyone involved with the industry, and for Riot, this deal is also a show of strength.