Barcelona send warning to Arsenal over Samuel Umtiti transfer

first_imgBarcelona send warning to Arsenal over Samuel Umtiti transfer Advertisement Umtiti will stay at Barca, according to the club’s president (Getty Images)‘Now he has to recover from his injury as we want to have him in the best form possible.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘Having Umtiti and [Clement] Lenglet on the left [side of central defence] is a guarantee and I would like him to continue.’More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityOusmane Dembele has also been previously linked with a move to Arsenal but Bartomeu now considers the 21-year-old better than Neymar.‘It’s not possible for Neymar to come to Barcelona as we have another sporting project with Dembele and [Philippe] Coutinho,’ said Bartomeu.‘We are happy with what we have, as Dembele is better than Neymar and he is a good professional player.‘He is a young guy who arrived at a huge club and that’s not easy, but he has adapted and he is much better than Neymar.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Samuel Umtiti is on Arsenal’s radar (Getty Images)Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has told Arsenal that they do not plan to sell Samuel Umtiti this summer.Reports last month claimed that the Gunners have opened talks with the Spanish champions to discuss a potential deal for the France international.Unai Emery has also made it clear that he would be interested in a deal for Umtiti by claiming that the 25-year-old is a ‘very good player’ in an interview with French television earlier this month.But Bartomeu is adamant that Barca are planning to keep Umtiti.ADVERTISEMENT‘He renewed him before the World Cup, he has four years left on his contract and there is no Umtiti issue,’ Bartomeu told TVE. Metro Sport ReporterTuesday 16 Apr 2019 12:50 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link Comment Advertisementlast_img read more

Jamaican banker pleads guilty to US$220 million fraud

first_img Share NewsRegional Jamaican banker pleads guilty to US$220 million fraud by: – March 30, 2011 Sharing is caring! Share David Smith, former CEO of Olint Corp by Global News StaffORLANDO, USA –Jamaican banker David Smith, the former head of collapsed investment scheme Olint, has pleaded guilty in a Florida court to defrauding thousands of customers of more than US$220 million.The Jamaica Observer reported that, as part of a plea agreement, Smith has admitted guilt on four counts of wire fraud, one count of conspiracy to commit money laundering and ten counts of money laundering.He is facing up to 20 years imprisonment, but is likely to get less because of his plea bargaining.Last year, he received a prison sentence of just over six years in the Turks and Caicos Islands, where he pleaded guilty to fraud and conspiracy charges. US authorities collected him from the TCI in November to face federal charges.Prosecutors said that more than 6,000 people invested with Smith. He admitted in his plea agreement that Olint was a “massive” Ponzi scheme, where he paid returns to investors not from profit but from their own money or that paid by subsequent investors.In addition, funds transferred to his own personal bank accounts reportedly enabled Smith to live a lavish lifestyle. Among his expenditures included political contributions, gambling, a down-payment for the purchase of a Lear jet and sponsorship of the Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival.A raid by authorities in Jamaica forced him to shut down his business in Kingston and relocate to the Turks and Caicos Islands, where former premier Michael Misick once described him as a “model citizen”.Source: Caribbean News Nowcenter_img Share Tweet 24 Views   no discussionslast_img read more

Harmanpreet Kaur leads India eves to win over England

first_imgCanberra: India skipper Harmanpreet Kaur starred with the bat and ensured her opposite number Heather Knight’s valiant knock was overshadowed as the Indians registered a five-wicket victory over England in the women’s triangular series opener here on Friday.Harmanpreet stayed till the end and remained unbeaten on 42 off 34 balls (5×4, 1×6) to take India over the line with three balls to spare chasing a modest 148. India finished on 150/5 in 19.3 overs.Besides Harmanpreet, 16-year old opener Shafali Verma hit 30 while Jemimah Rodrigues scored 26.India lost wickets at regular intervals but never lost sight of the target largely due to Harmanpreet who held one end up and dug deep into her wealth of experience to take the side home.It was a tight affair as 17 were needed off 12 balls as England dropped a catch and gave away wides in the penultimate over to hand India the advantage. Harmanpreet smashed a six off Katherine Brunt to win the game for India.Earlier, put in to bat, England rode on Knight’s brilliant 44-ball 67 and a 27-ball 37 from Tammy Beaumont to post 147/7.For India, Rajeshwari Gayakwad (2/19), Shikha Pandey (2/33) and Deepti Sharma (2/30) grabbed two wickets apiece, while Radha Yadav accounted for one at the Manuka Oval here.The other team in the tri-series is Australia as teams look to put the finishing touches to their T20 World Cup preparations.Brief Scores: England Women: 147/7 (Heather Knight 67; Rajeshwari Gayakwad 2/19); India Women: 150/5 (Harmanpreet Kaur 42*; Katherine Brunt 2/33). IANSAlso Read: Harmanpreet Kaur to lead India in Women’s T20 WCAlso Watch: KMSS leader Manash Konwar sent to 10 day Judicial Custody by Special NIA Court in Guwahatilast_img read more